Thursday, March 24, 2011

Performance Reflection

In general, I think that our group did a good job in our performance. It seemed realistic, and portrayed the whole idea of body image well. In the first scene the audience got an idea as to what was going on, and in the second it was confirmed. The communication between us was good, it was clear everyone knew what the others were doing, and the lines seemed to me to have emotional value. Bea for instance did a good job of getting annoyed at all of the questions that Helen and Sebastian asked. Also, there was a little ironic humour in the end as I went up and asked what was going on, completely clueless that they had just been talking about me.
I believe that I did well in some places, and could have done better in others. For instance, when me Kev, were talking, it actually did look realistic, as we were moving our hands, like people do when having conversations. This shows that I was able to use the concept of communion or communication well, even without actual words. Also, I think that in the end when I went up to see what was going on, I was able to use my emotion memory to realistically, however briefly, the feeling of knowing something is up, but genuinely not really knowing what was going on. Also, I think that I was able to use my imagination and the given circumstance to build my character, who is slightly pretentious. I think that just in general it can be seen from the way I walk, and the overly cheerful greeting I give Kev.
However, there are some things that could be improved. For one thing, my voice sounded a little weird. However, it did sound a little pretentious, which is good as my character is like that, but it did not sound very realistic. Also, in the end when I got to see what is wrong, it does not seem very realistic. My wave to Kev is slightly too large, and the way I sand when I ask what’s wrong somehow seems a little strange. So, I could have rehearsed smoothness in that spot a little more. So, imagination and emotion memory could have been applied more to think about how to behave in such a situation.
Still, in general, I’m pleased, not just with mu own performance, but with the whole performance as a whole. It was a lot less awkward than it was when we first started rehearsing. I think that I was able to portray my character reasonably realistically, and the over effect was what we set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment