Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our script: A Day at the Gym

This is the script that our group devised together in class:
Scene 1
(The audience watch whilst Alice, a pretty girl, wakes up and goes to her mirror. She pinches her skin, as if it disgusts her. She then walks over to a kitchen, and takes three nuts and three dried fruits out of a box, for breakfast.)

Scene 2
(Alice enters the gym and sees her friends Poppy and Louise talking. She slowly walks over. In the background we can see Kev and Peter talking. Alice watches Kev longingly)
 

Kev: So, er what weights are you doing man?
Peter: Oh, you know, 25kg.
Kev: Oh what a wuss! I can lift 35!
(Louise walks over)
Oh look! here comes my girlfriend.
(Peter sighs and walks away)
Louise: Hey!


 Switches to Poppy and Peter's conversation 


(Alice reaches Poppy and Peter)
Poppy: Oh hi Alice! How was your evening?
Alice: Oh, it was fine. Thanks.
Poppy: Are you okay? You seem a bit... ill.
Alice: (Defiantly) I'm fine.
Peter: Is there something going on? You seem upset about something.
Alice: (starts crying) I'm sorry, I don't, I'm sorry
Peter: Alice. Tell me what's wrong.
Alice: I'll never be good enough for him! Ever! I'm ugly and stupid and fat
Poppy: Good enough for who?
Alice: Kev of course! And Louise. She's beautiful. She has such a perfect body! Why don't I have a perfect body?
Peter: Kev is a prick. And Alice, you, you're beautiful. Don't you see that?
Alice: How can you say that! Stop lying! Stop mocking me! (Runs away).
(Louise comes over)
Louise: Is everything okay...?

No comments:

Post a Comment