Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tuesday, 26th of April

Today, listening to the rehearsals, I got an idea of where the play is heading, and especially how the characters will be portrayed. First of all however, I think that Mr Sarstedt’s suggestion that we add a layer of comedy in with emphasizing that the actors are not exactly ideal for their roles, is a good. Otherwise it will look a bit weird. It also fits in with how I’m planning on dressing the characters. I’m imagining the Grandma in a long, sort of old fashioned dress, which can be made slightly dirty to give it a sort of witch like look. If it is a simple colour it will also work great with the way Helen thought of to make Grandma grow. The idea, as I understand, is to make Grandma a bit witch like. Also, since Kento is playing Grandma, he will need a wig. I was thinking of getting a wig that is deliberately a tiny bit too small, or somehow makes it obvious that he’s wearing a wig. For George, I was thinking of a little boy look, with shorts and a woollen top with a high collar, which can be pulled over the chin. Since Kento is playing Mr Kranky as well, he will need to have clothes that can easily be changed into or kept underneath the other set of clothes. I was thinking of a farmer style, with faded jeans and a flannel top that can be hidden underneath eh Grandma’s dress. Then also a straw hat perhaps.
Some of this can be found in our wardrobes, but things like the dress for Grandma I’ll probably make.

No comments:

Post a Comment