Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thursday, 28th of April

Today I worked on second sketches, revising them according to what Helen said when I showed her the designs. The biggest difference is that we are now portraying George as a teenager instead of as a little boy. I was thinking that it would be good to exaggerate the fact that George is a teenager in the way he dress, and make him dress in an extremely stereotypical way. I also worked on perfecting Mr Kranky’s outfit, which must fit underneath a dress (seeing as Kento will by playing both Grandma and Mr Kranky). Also Grandma’s outfit will need to be easy to pull on and off. I’m thinking that maybe I’ll make two parted a shirt and a dress, and arrange it so that it looks like it goes together. Also I’ll fashion in a Velcro or zipper attachment so that it can be easily pulled on and off.
I also devised a plan for how the work is going to get done:
1st week of May: finalize designs, figure out where to get things, get appropriate measurements
Either on the weekend of the 7th and 8th of May or the weekend of the 14th and 15th: Go buy necessary materials (for making the clothes that I’ll be making) and items and start to make the costumes
Weeks before the week before performance: make costumes and assemble the outfits
Week before performance: have costumes ready and tried on by actors and make necessary adjustments

No comments:

Post a Comment