Thursday, December 9, 2010

Final Script

Every day. Get up at five, go for a jog, take a shower, wake Sally, cook breakfast down with Dave and Sally for breakfast. Eat a tiny portion. Be sure to leave some on the plate. Always leave some on the plate.

Get dressed.
Check on Sally. Comb her hair. Pack her lunch. Wait with her for the bus. Hug her goodbye. Then let go.

Choke back your tears. Go back inside. Check yourself in the mirror. Ugh. Cross through the kitchen. No one watching. Open the pantry, look inside. Grab the jar of peanut butter. Stick your finger in the jar of peanut butter. Feel someone watching you. No one's there. Put the peanut butter away. Wash your hands, careful to remove any trace of peanut butter. Reapply lipstick. Head out the door. To work.

This isn't fun anymore. There's something wrong with me.
 Comment: These cuts were made simply to polish off the script, as now I have a firm idea of how to perform this. At first, It’s simple: me walking, and listing the duties/activities that I’m going to do, in a bored, frustrated manner, exaggerated movements, a slow pace and a clear articulation. The first line should be enunciated. Then towards the end, I will act out the parts, so since I can show some of the lines with my body, there was no need for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment