Thursday, December 2, 2010

2nd of December 2010

Today I worked on nailing the ideas for my one-hander script. I decided to do the beginning rather slowly and in a reciting manner, sitting on the floor, since Grotowski did not use a lot of props. The beginning will be spoken with a fast pace, but with a lot of pauses, with little emphasis. Then towards the middle of the scene, I get up and start acting out the scene. This will be done at a fast pace, however with a lot of facial and physical expressions that conveys the overall frustration of the piece. This is perfect in terms of Grotowski’s techniques, since now I can experiment with facial masks, which Grotowski used in several of his performances to convey the sentiment of the character. For the last two lines, I go down on the floor, as I say the words with little enunciation or articulation, and at a rather slow pace. So, once I had decided which direction the piece will take, I began working with the script cutting out parts that I though would either make the performance more like a maim or did not support the ideas that I had fro that section and how to convey it.

No comments:

Post a Comment