Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30th 2010

November 30, 2010
Today I started to work with my one hander. I started out just reading out the script aloud and trying to come up with a way to act it out. First, I decided that in the beginning I would not move around too much and focus more on my voice, and I am considering using a fast pace. Then when I get to the section towards the end with text that can easily be acted out, I am planning on simply acting it out. However, I am going to exaggerate everything, and go from have a lot of energy to being completely relaxed, the better to display the frustration of the woman. Also, facial expressions, and extremely strong ones are important, since they suite the piece well and Grotowski did experiment a lot with what is called “masks”, so strong facial expressions. I cut out some parts of the script in consideration of this direction. All in all it was quite succesful- I now know what direction the piece is taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment