Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010

Today we worked in groups to devise a physical theatre performance influenced by DV8. Helen, Bea and I started off with coming up with a general theme, or event. Helen suggested that we do a performance where one of the characters was mad, and the others were trying to comfort her or figure out what was wrong. So then we got to the part where Beatrice is crouched on the floor, her face bowed down, upset. To show her anger, we decided that she should push us aside. Then, because there was perfect part in the music for this, we needed to come up with a scene before that. We tried having a scene where two girls are playing, but decided to do a more abstract visual of us being calm and happy. Then we decided that one of us falling back into another’s arm was best as a lift, because we couldn’t lift each other. So, it made sense for the person angry to push the person. The twirls and the grabbing onto the arms came as we decided that Bea should run away but we didn’t want her to go. Then the final scene with Helen and Bea was Helen begging Bea to tell her what was wrong, or not to go. I went out because we decided that it was too much to have two people begging. Overall, the actually performance was good in my opinion. We had thought out what we did and when reasonably well in terms of the time we had. We knew what to do and when. However, there was definitely room for improvement. I’m not sure if I was corpsing, I didn’t notice it at least, but still we could have worked more with expressions and gestures, there were very little gestures in the performance. I also noticed myself loosing balance a once in the beginning when I went after Bea, something that should be improved. However, when Helen and I were creeping up, but trying to get in front of Bea, I believe that was a well devised scene because it used different aspects to set a certain mood, and our movements were planned out and sent a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment