Sunday, October 3, 2010

Evaluation of Theatre Sports

Theatre Sports on Thursday the 3rd of October was a success, in my opinion. The audience enjoyed it and so did the actors, I believe. At least I did, though it was occasionally quiet stressing. However, I surprised myself and actually even went on stage first. This was something I was a little concerned about. Some of the handles went well for our group- I believe that the Scene Three ways was one of the best ones. There was a solid platform and story. It was occasionally a little hard to integrate the movie genres, but we managed, the Bollywood version being especially funny. The Sci-fi one was quite hard.  The handle where everyone was assigned a word, In and Out, was good as well, though it lacked a solid plot. The problem is that people keep on going on and off, not always giving a plausible excuse for their appearance and disappearance.Also, seeing the movie, we did not use a lot of the space.  The alphabet madness handle was hard; you put your energy into focusing on the letter, not on the plot, something that should be reversed. Also, I completely forgot what handle we were playing at one point, and my letters were all over the place. After I realized it, it was hard to make a coherent sentence. Others inmy group found it hard as well, and so at one point there was an akward silence. Also, in Freeze tag, I went up, but was unable to think of anything to say. Still, I was trying to look for money to hand to the church, so at least I didn’t loom completely out of place. All in all, I need to work on thinking on my feet, as it is not always so easy. Still, it gets easier if there are other characters and there is a solid plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment