Monday, October 4, 2010

Evaluation of Improvisation Unit

In this unit, I have made some progress. Looking back, I would say that my greatest improvement was actually having the courage and the ability to go up on stage and establish a platform, like I did at Theatre Sports. At the first lesson, didn’t really dare to do much at all. All in all, the group’s best achievement is being able to hold a scene together. At the beginning, the scenes were everywhere, but many of the scenes performed in Theatre Sports flowed well, like our groups, Scene Three Ways, and In and Out Scenes. There was still a bit of the problem of there not being a solid plot in the Alphabet madness, but that is a hard game. In the beginning, we struggled with an ordinary scene. As I said, I personally have grown more confidence, which is essential for Improvisation, as you need to take loads of risks. Also, I think that we all have become better at thinking on our feet. A great demonstration of this was Sebastian’s performance during Theatre Sports, Die, Story, Die. It is not an easy game, as you have to think on the spot and fast. All of the scenes as well have proved how much we have improved in this skill because they flow better.  All in all, I think that this Unit was good as we learned and improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment